Having video on your website and sharing those videos through social media can certainly help you expand your reach and visibility. With the launch of our cost effective video service we can help recruiters gain an important competitive advantage, help them get their recruitment advertising to stand out from the crowd and literally “bring their jobs to life.”
If you look outside of recruitment a lot of business related videos are used to raise awareness or attract the viewer to a new product or service e.g. a video trailer for a new film or a video promoting the latest smartphone. The great thing about these types of videos is that they usually contain compelling (unique) content to engage the viewer.
As far as recruitment is concerned far too many companies still only have traditional text based job adverts that appear the same as everyone else’s whereas job seekers are now expecting to be able to watch a video about your company, your jobs and why your business is different.
Why Use Online Video To Attract Candidates?
- Grabs Attention – Most job seekers won’t read everything that is written on a webpage but they are likely to watch a video if you have one and it looks of interest.
- Multiple Modalities – Online video appeals to different learning styles enabling job seekers to absorb information in different ways. Some people absorb information best if they hear the message, some prefer to see the message and some prefer to read the message. Online video covers all three different learning styles.
- One To One Connection – You can convey both emotion and personality in online videos allowing you to connect with your views on a one to one basis.
- Share On Social Media – Online videos are one of the most shared items on social media which means you are easily able to extend your reach and visibility.
- SEO Rankings – It is becoming more and more common for videos to appear on the first page of the Google search results. In many cases an online video can appear higher in the search results than a companies’ own website!
Suggested Uses For Recruitment Videos
There are a number ways that videos can be used in recruitment:
- Ongoing Vacancies
- Graduate Vacancies
- Seasonal Vacancies
- Individual Job Vacancies
- Recruitment Events
- Company Profile / About Us
- Video Testimonials
- Video Blog Posts / Video Podcasts
New Video Service
With our new video service we create 60 to 90 second videos that talk about the company and the available jobs. The videos can then be uploaded to a jobs/careers website and posted to video sharing sites like YouTube as well as being shared across social media.
Over the last few years online video has really gained in popularity and according to Cisco by 2018 around 84% of all internet traffic will be video based! So it really is time to start using video to attract candidates and promote your company or risk getting left behind!
To find out more about how to use recruitment videos to gain more visibility and extra reach for your job vacancies call Mike Taylor today on +44 (0) 1962 883754 or email: email@example.com